Chilly Dogs is a dog coat designer providing dog coats, jackets, gear and apparel to clients globally. The Chilly Dogs website acts as the ecommerce hub allowing the company to expand sales revenues and expose clients to new product lines.
The projects main goals were to rebrand the Chilly Dogs website, upgrade its architecture and to implement a new order form to alleviate user confusion when ordering specific dog coats.
- Created a prototype PSD graphics file which defined the new brand for the Chilly Dogs website.
- Implemented and tested a model, view, controller (MVC) architecture using Codeigniter, an industry leading PHP framework.
- Converted the design of the website into a strict web standards user interface from the prototype PSD (Adobe Photoshop) graphic files.
- Implemented a new database schema to drive the custom Content Management System (CMS) for the website.
- Designed and implemented a custom Content Management System (CMS) to allow the main stakeholder to easily update website content and to change the appearance of key website elements including, products, stores, the home page, newsletter subscribers and user account management.
- Integrated Google Maps API elements into the Store section of the Chilly Dogs website. All stores listed on the page have a corresponding marker placed on an embedded Google Map.
- Integrated a third party shopping cart service into the Chilly Dogs website.